So Frank Sinatra. What did you think about that? And Harry Connick Jr. as mentor. Is that boy too cute for words or what!? Now THAT is talent. I'd like to see Miley Cyrus and her man voice try to put in a fourth of that much mentoring. But the whole Frank thing was a tough one for me. None of those contestants are going to end up as crooners - even our lovable romance singer Big Mike is worlds away from Loungedom. I felt the challenge made them all fish out of water - kind of on purpose. I think some definitely swam, and some unfortunately sunk.
Frank Sinatra Week ~ Harry Connick Jr. as mentor extraordinaire
1) Aaron - "Fly Me to the Moon" - Nice job for a 17 year old who keeps squeaking by but needs to go home now
2) Casey - "Blue Skies" - Oh my gosh... poor Casey. That was so painful. I was mortified for him. 'Nuff said.
3) Crystal - "Summer Wind" - Definitely not her best performance, but I still thought it was simple and lovely.
4) Big Mike - "The Way You Look Tonight" - Loved it. Mike and his beautiful voice gave a great performance.
5) Lee - "That's Life" - Wow - go Lee! The surprise of the evening, Lee nailed it AND seemed comfortable. Yeah!
Predictions? This is going to be tough. Bottom 3: Aaron, Casey, and... dare I even say Crystal???
Homebound: I think it may just be Casey and Aaron may squeak by yet another week! :(
What do you guys think???